How to Help
There are many ways to help Warmer Winters achieve its mission of gifting warmth to neighbors in need.
Warmer Winters depends on it's dedicated and caring volunteers to operate, including in the following ways:
- Creating hand-crafted items for either donation or for sale to purchase materials
- Attending many of the local craft fairs and selling crafts made by other volunteers
- Planning and running events
- Taking pictures at events
- Teaching knitting or crocheting
- Designing flyers
- and many other opportunities — just ask!
Warmer Winters also has volunteers from different parts of the country and truly appreciates the wonderful, warm items we receive from them.
Most of the monetary donations received are used to buy thick, heavy yarn that produces the warmest hats, scarves, sweaters and mittens. The more heavy yarn we have, the more warmth we can gift. The need has increased beyond our resources, but for people who receive the warmth we gift, we make a difference.
- $25 provides the materials for hats and mittens for four small children
- $50 provides the materials for sweaters for four small children
- $100 provides the materials for hats, mittens and scarves for eight adults
Donations can be made online through our fiscal agent, United Neighbors of Fitchburg, so your donation will be tax-deductible.
IMPORTANT - Be sure to add for Warmer Winters in the Designation field when you donate online.
You can also send donations directly to Warmer Winters at 22 Hill Top Dr, Leominster, MA 01453, with for Warmer Winters in the memo field of any checks.